Illicia, an innovative luxury leather handbag and accessories brand for women. Established in 2017 by sisters Ilham and Idil Mohammed. Illicia designs high end colourful customisable bags with interchangeable woven handles to suit your style.
Illicia’s handbags are crafted by a small family owned factory in Italy, using the finest quality Nappa leather. A defined collection of top handle, tote, shoulder and chain bags for work and play.
As part of the event all attendees received a quick website review with 3 top easy fixes to help them improve their website performance.
The key issues identified on Illicia’s website was:
- Unsecure website
- Images on the website too big
- Page load speed for desktop and mobile really slow.
Following on from the digital event, Illicia was keen to understand the performance of their website to build their wider digital plan for the forthcoming spring/summer seasons sales. They, therefore, commissioned an SEO Digital Audit R
The SEO website audit consisted of a review of Illicia’s site. The review provided a detailed report exploring the websites navigation, user experience, layout of the site, on-page and off page SEO, quality of on-page content, image review, and website structural review. The findings were presented in a report with a full list of actions and recommendations to implement.
With follow up discussions with Illicia of the report findings, they requested Onwards and Up to assist with the redevelopment of the website and implementation of the audit findings. This was to support their forthcoming activity at Paris Fashion Week 2019.
The website was built on WooCommerce platform and Onwards and Up carried out the following activity to the website relaunch issues identified and work carried out
Website Technical Updates
- Secured the SSL certificate
- Identified that the website was not backed up to a server. Set up a website backup system to the hosting domain for the site to be saved on a regular basis
- Improved page load speed
Website Design & Navigation
- Website rebuild
- Redesign and reformatted the frontpage layout
- Reformatted product page layout with smoother navigation of the products and styles
- Increased navigation links across the site
- Compressed large images to improve page load speed
Implementation Of SEO Recommendations To Improve Search & Organic Traffic
- Starter on-page SEO improvements, including a content update with keywords
- Removal of duplicate page titles and meta descriptions in search engines
- Improvements to URL structures
- Improved search engine titles, meta descriptions including keywords to increase search engine rankings
- Connected key performance tracking tools
Toyin took on this project and made a complete turnaround within a short space of time. Very organised in her approach to get the best layout whilst creating great user design experience. Her creative eye and her passion to own the project is undeniable rare. We will continue to work with her to build on what we have created .
Ilham Mohammed, Founder & Owner of Illicia
Website Performance After 28 Days
- 79% increase in brand appearing in search engine queries
- 172% increase in organic traffic to the website
Websitecurrently ranking for 111% more keywords and phrases
- 111% increase in click-through for
- Page load speed increase from 46% to 72%
For more details on how Onwards and Up can make a difference to your online business, check out Digital S